A career at Karsun is more than just a job — it’s an opportunity to shape the future. Through excellence, teamwork, integrity, commitment, and fun we innovate, grow, and Do Extraordinary together!
Below we share answers to frequently asked questions about the application and interview process at Karsun Solutions.
What kind of work does Karsun do?
Karsun Solutions is an enterprise modernization firm. Our teams deliver data and analytics, modern software development, and cloud solutions to our customers in the US federal government.
Our modern software development methodology, GoLean, is appraised at CMMI Level 5 – DEV. An appraisal at maturity level five indicates that the organization is performing at an “optimizing” level. Using GoLean teams rapidly and cost-effectively develop quality software, minimize failure rates, and enable frequent releases with new features almost instantly to their customers as needed.
Our cloud solutions portfolio is a full suite of services to develop and host cloud-based applications that are scalable, secure, and available. We go beyond to lift and shift. Our services include hybrid architecture, platform buildout, and application migration. Our AWS Government Competency reflects Karsun’s deep experience developing solutions for government customers delivering mission-critical workloads and applications on AWS.
Our data and analytics portfolio includes AI/ML, data engineering, business intelligence and visualizations, DataOps, and streaming data solutions. Our specialized Innovation Center data practice is an employee-centered team committed to melding DevSecOps practices with data integration resources into training and prototyping initiatives. This team also hosts the monthly DataOps NoVa Meetup.
Who are your customers?
The federal IT modernization experts, Karsun Solutions enables enterprise transformation for its government customers including the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Aviation Administration, and General Services Administration. Some of our current projects are listed below:
- FAA Software Solution Delivery– These support services assist in the implementation and continuing support of enterprise-wide software application and database development. Karsun will also perform maintenance related activities related to solution development and the sustainment of existing systems.
- FEMA Grants Management Modernization– The GMM Program seeks to streamline grants management across the agency’s 40+ grant programs through a user-centered, business-driven approach.
- GSA Database and Middleware Services– Under this contract, Karsun supports GSA IT by providing IT services to manage, support, and modernize its database and application middleware server infrastructure.
- GSA FLEET AFP– The modernization goal for this program is to create an intuitive, agile, and integrated systems environment that facilitates and streamlines all aspects of Fleet Management functions from the customer, supplier, and GSA Fleet employee perspectives.
- GSA EDIM OGP– Through this task order, Karsun Solutions is tasked with backend system development, IT Security Support, and operations and maintenance for the modernization of the OGP Visualization Platform which supports the ITdashboard.org, digitaldashboard.gov, and the Office of Information, Integrity, and Access. It will also provide data management, data transformation, data integration, and data analytics for the Evidence Act, President’s Management Agenda and Federal Real Property.
Do I need a clearance before applying for the job?
You are required to be eligible for a Public Trust Clearance for our Federal Program requisitions. However, you will not need it before you apply.
Do I have to interview in person?
No, to protect the health and safety of our candidates and team members Karsun is currently interviewing all candidates virtually. To learn more about our virtual interviewing process visit: https://www.karsun-llc.com/covid19-virtual-recruiting/
Where do I go to learn more about Karsun’s interview process?
Visit https://www.karsun-llc.com/covid19-virtual-recruiting/ to learn about each step of the application and interview process with us, from completing the online application to preparing for phone and in-person interviews. We share additional virtual interviewing tips and tricks here.
What’s Karsun’s interview process and how do I get started?
This is a 4-step process: There is an Online Application; Discussion with Talent Team; and an Online Technical assessment. There will be a Phone/Video/Onsite interview.
I have multiple email addresses associated with my applications. Can I merge my accounts?
You are required to reach out to the Karsun Solutions Talent team to resolve this. The Talent Team can be reached at email@example.com.
I forgot my login credentials. How do I recover them?
The Talent Team can help you recover your login credentials. The Talent Team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information or features can I access with my Karsun login account?
While you are an applicant, you will be able to see your application, the requirements, and your application status.
Can I upload a resume?
Yes, this is the part of the Application process. You may also submit your resume for general consideration through the Karsun Careers portal.
My application status hasn’t changed. Who can I contact for an update?
The Talent Team gives these status updates. Contact us at email@example.com.
Do you offer benefits?
Yes, we offer competitive benefits. Our employees’ health and well-being is a fundamental concern to Karsun; therefore, our goal is to provide a benefits package that exceeds industry norms and provides exceptionally comprehensive benefits. All full-time salaried exempt employees are eligible for most of the company provided benefits first of the month following hire.
How can I submit applicants to you?
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for addition to our partner list.
Where can I view the equal employment opportunity poster?
Karsun Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. The Equal Employment Opportunity Poster can be found at https://karsun-llc.com/equal-opportunity-employer/
What is the location for these jobs?
The location of the job will depend on the role and is mentioned next to the job requirement. Most of our teams are remote or hybrid located in Herndon, Virginia and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Karsun Solutions corporate headquarters is located at 12825 Worldgate Drive, Suite 500, Herndon, VA, 20170.
Where can I find the machine readable files available under the Transparency in Coverage Rule?
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and include negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and health care providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.